The Industrial Innovation Doctoral School is an interdisciplinary Program of the University of Trento. The Program brings together the Departments of Information Engineering and Computer Science (DISI), Industrial Engineering (DII), Economics and Management (DEM), and Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK). Companies are key players of the Program, since they are involved in the design of the educational path and in several doctoral positions funding.
The objectives of the Program include:
- train experts in the field of the so-called fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0) with an in-depth knowledge of industrial problems and a specific expertise in the search for innovative solutions in the scientific area of reference;
- establish a path suitable for the training of professionals able to meet the company's innovation needs through pre-competitive research and development processes;
- establish a path to enhance the doctoral candidates' entrepreneurship, managerial, and innovation processes management skills focused on market needs by providing them with the opportunity to experience highly intensive research and development industrial settings first hand;
- create learning opportunities (courses, seminars, workshops, summer/winter schools) co-organized with companies.
The Program admits:
- successful candidates of the call for applications;
- company employees who participate in the selection process and are selected for a specific path within the Program.